All of the exercises used in the specialist courses are created exclusively for Specialist-Langauge.com and are based on:
- articles from the media and trade press
- original interviews with industry professionals
- company websites and other promotional material
- publications from regulatory bodies and other institutions (under agreement)
Original content is also created by Specialist-Language.com writers; in this case the accuracy of the text is verified by current industry professionas working at insurance, reinsurance, brokerage and financial firms.
This ensures that the content is up-to-date and reflects real-world usage.
The various types of material are chosen for the real benefit that they can bring to the learning process. They include:
- technical and marketing texts, diagrams and graphs
- audio files such as interviews and short recordings, including full and partial transcripts where necessary (this allows the content to be used for groups with varying levels of comprehension)
- video clips and slideshows, again with full and partial transcripts
- automated multiple-choice questionnaires with answer explanations
- free-text questions corrected and marked on-line by the trainee's tutor
- interactive computer-based exercises and quizzes - again designed exclusively for Specialist-Language.com